Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turkey, also brussels sprouts

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lets talk turkey first, I know some of you cook the boneless breast.(like butterball) others cook the whole bird, I have found that when I do chicken breast I prefer bone in. Because I am single and would like to try a turkey, which would be better in your individual opinions???? (would have to be a small turkey if whole)[p]Tonight, rib eye, marinating in a little red wine with some herbs, lemon juice, little bit of garlic powder and a hint of A 1 steak sauce.
Has anyone tried brussels sprouts on the egg????? If so how, in foil with a little water????? Mine are frozen but I do have them out to thaw.
Happy Egg-n
New Bob

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    New Bob,[p]As a single man, I am sure you appreciate the benefits of quality leftovers. Obtain a fresh whole hen turkey (9-11 lbs).[p]Spin
  • Kelly Keefe
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Since you're single I'd go with the turkey breast. Saw a saying once: "New definition of forever - two people and a turkey." The one I cooked the other night came with some bones in. Got it at WalMart. [p]Regards![p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    New Bob,
    I think that anyone who voluntarily chooses to cook brussel sprouts on their Egg may be in danger of automatically voiding their warranty :) BGE headquarters must surely have a strict policy against brussel sprouts![p]Bob

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    New Bob:[p]I have Brussels sprouts in the garden. When I do try them on the ceramic cooker here is how I will do them: Halve them and marinate in olive oil. Season with something like Lawry's or your choice. Grill at 300º/350º with the cut side up (none of the "F" word) and use any remaining oil to brush on the vegetable periodically. Test for your preferred doneness.[p]You can use Italian dressing in lieu of olive oil if you prefer. This is a basic method for grilling most vegetables like asparagus, tomatoes (green and red), baking potatoes (one hour), eggplant, grilling peppers, etc.
  • Bordello
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Thanks for the info. I will try it this weekend. I had already put them in the egg before your post and yes I did them in, (oh my god) foil. Sorry about using the "f" word, they were great. I will do them again this weekend using your method. I never thought about cutting them in half but it sounds very good, thanks for the tip on cooking veggies in general.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    Damn, your right, when I saw your post I immediately called my Barbeques Galore store and asked about them about it. No way would my warranty remain in effect after cooking the dreaded brussel sprouts in the such a great ceramic cooker. I am doomed.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

• WudEyeDoo,
    I had brussel sprouts once and i dont like them either...........Kit :-0