Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

turkey, also brussels sprouts

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 7:32PM in EggHead Forum
Lets talk turkey first, I know some of you cook the boneless breast.(like butterball) others cook the whole bird, I have found that when I do chicken breast I prefer bone in. Because I am single and would like to try a turkey, which would be better in your individual opinions???? (would have to be a small turkey if whole)[p]Tonight, rib eye, marinating in a little red wine with some herbs, lemon juice, little bit of garlic powder and a hint of A 1 steak sauce.
Has anyone tried brussels sprouts on the egg????? If so how, in foil with a little water????? Mine are frozen but I do have them out to thaw.
Happy Egg-n
New Bob

·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    New Bob,[p]As a single man, I am sure you appreciate the benefits of quality leftovers. Obtain a fresh whole hen turkey (9-11 lbs).[p]Spin
    ·
  • New Bob,[p]Since you're single I'd go with the turkey breast. Saw a saying once: "New definition of forever - two people and a turkey." The one I cooked the other night came with some bones in. Got it at WalMart. [p]Regards![p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

·
  • New Bob,
    I think that anyone who voluntarily chooses to cook brussel sprouts on their Egg may be in danger of automatically voiding their warranty :) BGE headquarters must surely have a strict policy against brussel sprouts![p]Bob

·
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    New Bob:[p]I have Brussels sprouts in the garden. When I do try them on the ceramic cooker here is how I will do them: Halve them and marinate in olive oil. Season with something like Lawry's or your choice. Grill at 300º/350º with the cut side up (none of the "F" word) and use any remaining oil to brush on the vegetable periodically. Test for your preferred doneness.[p]You can use Italian dressing in lieu of olive oil if you prefer. This is a basic method for grilling most vegetables like asparagus, tomatoes (green and red), baking potatoes (one hour), eggplant, grilling peppers, etc.
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    djm5x9,
    Thanks for the info. I will try it this weekend. I had already put them in the egg before your post and yes I did them in, (oh my god) foil. Sorry about using the "f" word, they were great. I will do them again this weekend using your method. I never thought about cutting them in half but it sounds very good, thanks for the tip on cooking veggies in general.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    WudEyeDoo,
    Damn, your right, when I saw your post I immediately called my Barbeques Galore store and asked about them about it. No way would my warranty remain in effect after cooking the dreaded brussel sprouts in the such a great ceramic cooker. I am doomed.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

·
  • WudEyeDoo,
    I had brussel sprouts once and i dont like them either...........Kit :-0

·