Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Members, time to stand up. Well Help!

Options
13»

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Smokin' Lady,[p]Dang. Do you have recipes for those? They both sound great.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    100_0578.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    Just the juciest, tastiest Pork Loin I ever had!

• EggspertMN
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    DSC01566.jpg[p]
    DSC01551.jpg[p]

• FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    To post multiple pics, copy the "HTML Tag" from photobucket, then paste into the body of the comments. skip a line or two, and do the next one.... copy the HTML tag from photobucket, and paste into the comments.... Try it.
    Mike

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    FlaMike,[p]Very Cool! Thanks
    Bob[p]P6230038.jpg[p]CIMG0489.jpg[p]DSCF2234.jpg

• EggspertMN,
    God Man. THat looks like some gooooooood fish.
    and that dessert! What time is dinner?lol

• Smokin' Lady
    Options
    Cornfed, I do. I'll post separately in case someone only wants one or the other.[p]Cedar-planked Mashed Potatoes[p]2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 tsp. salt
    6 tbsp. softened, unsalted butter
    1/4 cup whipping cream
    1/4 cup ranch dressing
    1/2 cup grated white cheddar
    4 cheese strings, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
    2 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
    salt and fresh ground pepper
    Cook taters in a large pot along with garlic, onion and salt until tender. Drain, then mash. Stir in butter, cream, ranch dressing and stir until butter melts. Let cool 20 minutes, then stir in cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to large bowl, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. When ready to grill, mound chilled mash on a plank that has been soaked for 1 hour. Firmly pat and smooth the mound so it is even along the plank. Bake in egg at 400 degrees for approx. 30 minutes, or until golden brown and hot all the way through. Remove plank from grill and transfer to a heat-resistant platter. Top with extra butter and serve.

• EggspertMN
    Options
    Renee Attili,
    These were from the MidWest Eggfest. The planked salmon was mine, the sticky buns were from No Yolk. Thanks[p]M

• Smokin' Lady
    Options
    Cornfed, here's the other recipe.[p]Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze
    3 tbsps. olive oil
    1 lrg. zucchini, diced fine
    1 red bell pepper, diced fine
    1 yellow pepper, diced fine
    5 cloves garlic, mashed with coarse salt
    1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, divided
    salt and fresh ground pepper
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
    1/2 lb. ground pork
    1/2 lb. ground veal
    1 lb. ground beef
    3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    1/2 cup fresh grated Parmeson
    1 cup ketchup, divided
    1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
    Heat oil in large pan and saute zucchini, peppers, garlic paste, 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste, cook until almost soft. Let cool.
    Whisk together eggs and herbs. Add meat, crumbs, cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar, and the cooled veggies, mix until just combined.
    Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet or pan lined with parchment paper (I used a 9 1/2"x13" metal pan). Whisk together remaining ketchup, balsamic vinegar and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush over entire loaf. Bake on the egg indirect at 400 degrees for about one hour. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.