Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone else into Herbed Butters?

Options
DonDon
DonDon Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just started experimenting with this. Did a Butter, Cilantro, Lime juice and Taquila one the other day that was fine. Used it on Steaks. Just mixed up all ingredients and rolled it in plastic wrap, then into fridge, Anytime I want any, just cut it off roll. Dadgum Alton Brown LOL Now wouldn't he be a heck of a person to have living next to you LOL

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    DonDon,
    if he lived next door to you then you may be able to answer the question if he is a "closet egger". if he was not i bet you could have a cook off and win you just got to tell him he can only use his cardboard box or his terra cotta planter. then we all know what would happen: he would buy an egg.[p]
    i have seen his show on herbed butter but have yet to make any, although i want to!![p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    DonDon,
    Haven't tried it with tequilla. Is it good? I like to use my herbed butter for poultry, just slip a large frozen pat onto the breasts,under the skin..yummmm!

• ChefDave
    Options
    Big'un, My wife and have used herbed butter for years. You can shoot the moon with some many different blends. They are great on steaks, biscuits and just about anything that you might put butter on.[p]David
  • DonDon,[p]Since Mario Battali has an Egg, you just KNOW Alton wouldn't want to be playin' second fiddle, don'cha?[p]

• DonDon,
    try this one on roasted corn...[p]chipotle butter[p]1 stick butter
    2 chipotle chiles, finely chopped
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper[p]from mario batali

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,
    I'm gonna have to try addin' some spirits! Thanks.