Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sweet Potato Soup with Rum Cream

ChefDaveChefDave Posts: 142
edited 3:02PM in EggHead Forum
Since the weather is cooling down, I thought I would try one of my winner soups on the BGE. Just about half way thru with the soup but Boy does it smell wonderful.[p]David
·

Comments

• Letts-Do-It,[p]Don't tease us like that without a recipe.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,521
    Daniel Shuflin,[p]Indeed! Recipe, recipe! [p]gdenby

·
  • gdenby,[p]It will be forth coming. I can't believe that there aren't more eggers that love sweet potatoes. This is a really tasty soup. Great for those really cold nights.
    ·
  • Letts-Do-It,
    Sounds great!! Please share the recipe.

·
  • Letts-Do-It,
    Here's the recipe....
    1 1/2 tablespoons butter
    1 small onion
    4 1/2 cups chicken broth
    2 pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    2 fresh thyme sprigs
    1/2 teaspoon curry powder
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
    pinch ground nutmeg
    pinch ground red pepper
    Rum Cream (recipe follows[p]Melt butter in a Dutch oven at 250-275: add onion and saute until tender. Stir in chicken broth and the next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour
    or until potato is tender. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Cool slightly.[p]Process mixture in batches in a blender or use a boat motor ( as Emeril calls it) until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides. Return to Dutch oven and stir in whipping cream and next 4 ingredients. Cook over low heat (which I did on
    the stove ) stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Serve with Rum Cream (optional)[p]RUM CREAM
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
    1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 tablespoon dark rum[p]BEAT all ingredients at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.[p]ENJOY

·
  • Letts-Do-It,
    Yeah, that sounds like a winner.[p]Thank you for sharing,
    RhumAndJerk

·