Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bonless Chicken Breasts

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have done several Beer Can Chickens on the egg with good results. Tonight we are just doing boneless chicken breasts. Using some apple chios and DP's Tsunami Spin rub. Should I do the direct or indirect? Also, a suggested temperature? I was thinking 350?[p]I think I figured this out..Hereggness has me doing all the cooking :-)
Mike

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    Cook them direct and get some nice grill marks on them. Don't go any higher than 165 internal or they'll get dried out. -RP

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    i love the tsunami spin but i have never tried it on chicken i have been on the shaking the tree when i have been doing boneless chicken mainly because i love to put the grilled chicken over linguini with alfredo sauce. [p]350 sounds about right though....[p][p]happy eggin
    tb[p]ps take pics i want to see what color it is after grilling..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Crawdaddy
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    I do them direct at 400-450 because I like to get some char. A coating of olive oil helps with the carmelization. Apple chips are outstanding with poultry. It should take about four minutes per side. I go by touch rather than temperature. They are done when they have about the same firmness as a medium steak.

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]I've done a simple cook of boneless chicken breasts about 3 times...marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette sauce for about an hour; no smoke; direct; 300° for 15 to 20 minutes per side depending how thick. Flip once. They've turned out real juicy each time.[p] DSCN2963.jpg[p]Good luck
  • Edemitch
    Options
    The leftovers will make good Quesadilla's. Lately that's all the kid's want when I make boneless breasts. We never get to the leftover stage!

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    i do direct temp depends whether or not they are skinless and boneless or just boneless. skinless i do at a lower temp 325. and watch internal temp i find the skinless ones are easier to dry out. if they have skin 350 for the crispy goodness
    good luck

• Eager Egger
    Options
    Thanks all: What a wonderful response. I am sure ours will be great and in the future there are several good recipes we have copied here. The truth is; there is nothing like this group.
    Mike and Linda
    Round Rock, Texas

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]I agree...Bon appetite