Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More cooking space

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just pick up BGE in July.Love It,But if coking for a crowd need more cooking room.Want to put another grid or two on top of existing one.Any suggestion would be greatly appreceiated.
HAROLD

Comments

• Harold,[p] You can easily stack another grid on the standard one. BGE makes one (check out the "What's New" link) with legs, or you can put a couple fire bricks on edge on the standard grid and place another on top. Just a couple of the ways you can do it . . .[p]MikeO
  • Harold,[p]If you would e-mail me at stam@ccrtc.com,I would more than happy to help you with large cooks in both the large and small cooker. I have pictures and methods that work great.[p]Old Dave

• Harold,
    Just picked up the bolts and assembled my 2nd tier grill last light. I bought a cheap Webber 18" replacement grill awhile ago, and picked up 4- 3/8x16x5" stainless steel carriage bolts, 8- 3/8" S/S washers, and 8- 3/8x16 S/S nuts. Place 1 nut on each bolt and screw on about an inch, place a washer over the nut and arrange the bolts so that the thread extends up through the grill in a square configuration, place another washer on top of the grill and screw down the remaining 4 nuts. Adjust so that the bolts are evenly placed and extend at equal lengths. This will sit nicely on your main grid and it is completely height adjustable, just screw the nuts up or down as you wish.[p]My next step is to pick up two of the BGE grill extenders, one to hang down from the main to hold a drip pan and the other to make a third upper cooking tier. I estimate this should hold about 2 packer trims, 3 picnic shoulders and 6-8 racks of ribs nicely at the same time.

• Citizen Q,Shouting a big thanks for the info.Where can I order the BGE EXTENDERS.i CALL ATLANTA They did not know what I was Talking about.
    Harold