Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

6 slabs of ribs on medium egg

Options
Otobiz
Otobiz Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all can it be done, going to a rib cook off at my camp ground, I have a rib rack but no extra grills or anything, I also have a gas bbq, how would you go about it. I use car wash mikes 3-1-1 reciepe and he is the man, Any ideas, Thanks in advance[p]Every one else in the camp is cooking on gas or oven, I think I will be the king, so excited cant wait.[p]Steve

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    otobiz,[p]I'd be a little doubtful about 6. The best I've done on a medium is 3.5 racks trimmed St. Louis style, and 2.5 spares, cut in half but otherwise untrimmed (about 15 lbs.) I usually do them on a raised grill, in a vertical rack, over a drip pan. I usually pin the pieces together with bamboo skewers to keep them seperated and upright. Sometimes the airflow around them isn't quite even, so I'd think packing more on, altho do-able, would mean a longer cook, and more place shifting.[p]gdenby

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    otobiz,[p]The BGE site "official" claim for a medium is;[p][li]18-pound turkey
    [li]6 burgers
    [li]3 chickens vertically
    [li]4 steaks
    [li]4 racks of ribs vertically [p]FWIW

• SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    otobiz,
    4 racks of baby backs is about it.
    I cut them 2/3 1/3 each
    put the 2/3 pieces in a rack vertically
    and just sort of put the small pieces around leaning against the vertical racks ... and on top / etc. They get great .. plenty of smoke flavor / etc.

Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa.