Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib Suggestions

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Next Saturday I want to do a Prime Rib for my daughter, her husband and their Twins. Can someone suggest what cut of meat to get? By that I mean bone in or boneless. I also need a"fool proof" recipe if you can suggest some. She likes it medium rare and moist (don't we all :-)
Mike

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    here is a link to how i do em . .. .figure on one bone for every two people. . . .

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxprimerib.htm[/ul]
  • Eager Egger
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, I had just printed this. How long per pound roughly to cook using this method? Just want to know when to start for a 4:00PM dinner. It sure looks good.
    Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    figure about 15 per pound for medium rare ....

• Eager Egger
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, Thanks. I am thinking a 3 or 4 pounder for the 4 adults. Kids will eat some but not much. Or should I go bigger to get a good one? What did yours weigh? That might give me a good idea where to start. I apologize for all the questions, but basically I am trying to give one of my daughters something she really loves and don't want to make a mistake on this one. After my sparerib disaster a couple of weeks ago, I am getting really careful to follow directions on my first try's on the egg.[p]
  • Super Glide
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]Just follow Max's instructions and you'll be fine. He is the BEST! I've become famous in my family from following his turkey recipe, and now have new found fame from his holiday Brisket recipe he gave me last week. Believe me, he knows what he is talking about.[p]BTW Max, the Brisket was AWESOME, without a doubt the best I have EVER had. I made what I thought was a big brisket for 6 adults, but we ended up with NO leftovers, everyone was eating it and raving about it! Thank you SO much!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Superglide,
    thanks for the kind words. . . i'm glad it all worked out great for you!!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    a 2 'boner' should be fine. .. i always like to make more prime rib than i need, as the leftovers are great cubed up and made into a hash with potatoes and onions. . . [p]about the only way to screw up a prime rib roast is to overcook it. ..remember that it will rise in temp from 5 - 10 degrees when you pull it from the egg and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes under a foil tent. .. so if you want it medium rare in the center, pull it when it hits 125. ..it will end up at 130 - 135 when you slice it. .. .

• Eager Egger
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, Thanks! A 2 boner it is.