Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Brisket??

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is Beef Brisket the same cut of meat as a Corned Beef? I have checked in Kroger & Publix in Atlanta and they don't carry beef brisket just corned beef.[p]Where do I find a Beef Brisket? The next question is how do you cook it? Any info would be appreciated.[p]Kim Youngblood
(aka vidalia1)

Comments

• vidalia1,[p]Do not buy corned beef if you are looking for brisket.[p]Do you have a Sam's nearby?[p]They have brisket flat, with points, tri-tips... all the goof stuff...[p]~ Broc

• Grasshopper
    Options
    vidalia1,
    Sam's is the logical place for me. We just cooked this past weekend and it was great. DizzyPig website does have instructions on how to cook one. Also the Naked Whiz's site does has well. Enjoy
    Grasshopper

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Most, if not all, corned beef is made from brisket. Brisket is the raw cut before corned beef is brined. You should be able to find brisket flats fairly easily in most areas. Whole packer cut briskets (usually 8-14 lb.) may be a little more difficult to come by, but Sam's and Walmart here (Charleston, SC) carry both. Good luck![p]Jim
  • Ronbo
    Ronbo Posts: 90
    Options
    vidalia1,
    You just have to keep checking. Publix never carries it except for "1st cut" i believe that is what they call it but the fat cap is totally removed. Kroger - there are 2 buy my house and they have full packers every once in a while. Wal-Mart in Cumming always has them

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    vidalia1, you can also ask the meat department manager to order one for you. Normally they only get special deliveries once a week and experience has taught me that if they tell you it will be delivered on Thursday morning - go by Thursday afternoon to claim it. By Friday morning they will have put a price tag on it and stuck it in the display case.