Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Chicken Holders

Options
Smokin' Lady
Smokin' Lady Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a couple of chicken wing/leg holders being cleared out at Wal-Mart, but when I got them home found they were just slightly too long to fit on my medium eggs, so they required just a little fiddling to make them fit. They work great now.ChickenLegs1.jpg
Served them with zucchini lasagne which Big'Un suggested on the forum recently, and it was great. Had marinated the legs in olive oil and King of the Q's bone dust rub, which I made from his recipe book. Although I love it and use it on just about everything, I wish us Canucks could get Dizzy Pig products up here.ChickenLegs2.jpg

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Smokin' Lady,
    Great looking legs! I just picked up some chicken wing/leg holders from Lowe's and plan to use them on my next days off. Thanks for the mention on the zucchini lasagne, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's really a great way to use those huge zucchinis. Were you the lady that posted the "mushing" pic? If so, really super!

• Smokin' Lady
    Options
    Big'un, yes, I'm the musher. My team's second fav. thing to do is hanging around the eggs hoping for tidbits (which they usually get).

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Smokin' Lady,
    I'd probabley pull a sled for some scraps from the egg too!Haha. Good luck on the mushing..keep us posted!