Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING: PM PIZZA

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last evening I posted a question about whether to use the cardboard/paper plate to cook a Papa Murphy's Pizza on my BGE. No answer, so we used it. Pizza was on about 12 to 14 minutes @ 500 degrees using inverted plate setter, and pizza stone on the 3 green little legs that come with all BGE's. It was wonderful and these folks turn out a well made, fresh take home pizza. They don't know anything about the BGE though. Next time we will not place it on the recommended paper that comes with it. Want a crisper crust and we think this canbe achieved by cooking directly on our pizza stone..

Comments

• disabledDK
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    How are you going to get the pizza off of the paper plate? I did a large last night, too big for the stone. Turned out to be a real mess!

• chzhed
    Options
    Egger,[p]What you may want to do is cook the pizza with the cardboard pan for the first 5-7 minutes, and then pull it off to just the stone. This will make sure the dough is stable enough to move from the pan to the stone, but will also allow for a crispy crust. Just got my egg, so I haven't tried pizza yet, but that's what I do in my oven.[p]
  • Eager Egger
    Options
    DK, Well is wasn't a problem. I have a stainless pizza peal which is very tin. I just felt the crust was not "crispy" enough. Edges were nice and dark, but crust was a little soft.