Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's cooking this week-end - part two

Options
Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Didn't realize this scrolled down so far.[p]All Dizzied up and ready [p]button.jpg[p]Spooky!!
bumpinnight.jpg[p]Whew!!! Just the steak on the hoof[p]whew.jpg[p]Mo' Steak on the hoof. Don't tell'em they think they are pets..[p]whew-2.jpg[p]The guest of honor. 105 pounds of Butt, Hams, Ribs, Bacon, Tenderloin, etc etc. Too big for even the XL. Have to resort to the old fallback.[p]spreadem.jpg[p]Starting to cook.. Don't mind the blue spots. That is our Gov'Mint at work.[p]smokeypig.jpg

Comments

• Bob In Texas
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Getting ready to put on Car Wash Mikes ribs. Now, he speaks of 200-225. Is that dome temp. or grill temp.?

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Bob In Texas,[p] I suspect that is grate. Dome would be closer to 230-250.[p]
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Looks like an old fashioned Carolina pig pickin is about to happen. -RP

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    AZRP,[p] Yes indeedie!!! Ms Piggy is about to be turned. My two XL's are about to be fired up to bake some beans .. The large on my porch has been cooking some extra pork butts. The chicken is still marinating in the refrigerator.[p] Good thang I live out here in the country. Might have to beat off the hordes!![p] Had to listen to my father-in-law this morning telling one more time how to cook a pig. My wife ran off with the Keys to the Kitchen, so I had to borrow his.[p]The Kitchen + North Carolina = Commercial Kitchen out back :)[p][p]
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    If you don't mind, if you can, can you snap some photos as you cut out the ribs, ham, butt, etc. I have never done a whole hog and would be very interested to see how the rest gets butchered.

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p] They don't call it a Pig Pickin' for nuttin'. [p]Ms Piggy will be laid out and people will pick off it. It's not pretty, but it is dayum good :)
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Gotcha. did not know if you cut out anything like the ribs or what not.

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p] The only thing I do is slice into the shoulders and hams and get my hands out of the way. Since these folks are mainly city slicker Yankees I do point out what part is what.[p] This is the 8th pick'n I have done for this same annual block party. The first one I did, after the party was over I pulled BOTH tenderloins out of the carcass whole.. After that I started telling people what was what.[p] Last year even the skin was gone :)[p][p]
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    that looks like alot of work you got ahead of you...[p]how long is it going to take?[p]
    happy BBQ'n
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    BENTE,[p] A lot faster then you would think. It is a lot of work by myself[p]

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Pete,[p]Any chance of just hooking that pig cooker (with pig) on a trailer hitch and just heading west? You can always tell your client you lost track of time while driving.[p]Regards,
    Rich