Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey w/o smoke flavor

Ed G.Ed G. Posts: 24
edited 1:30AM in EggHead Forum
I plan to cook my first turkey w/o using any wood chunks, just lump coal. Those that I'm cooking for don't care for any smoke flavor. Will there be a hint of smoke using just lump?[p]Thanks
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Ed G.,
    Nope!!

·
  • MopMop Posts: 496
    Ed G.,JJ is right providing that you let your coals get burning good and your egg is right up yo temp..(350º)[p]I have done a slew of turkeys on my egg and I too don`t like smoke on my turkeys, the first few I did I put the turkey in while the coals were just heating up and along with that came too much smoke for me..[p]I now make sure the egg has been up to temp for at least a half hour and burning real clean......you`ll love turkey from the egg......did you brine the bird?[p]Mop!

·