Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chestnuts roasting over an "egg-fire"

JRJR Posts: 31
edited 8:54AM in EggHead Forum
Our Chamber of Commerce asked if our store would be interested in setting up a "promotion" this holiday seasoning by "roasting chestnuts" on some of our grills...[p]First- does anyone have a good (i.e.- fairly simple)recipe for "roasting chestnuts"[p]Second- has anyone ever used an Egg to roast those units?[p]Thanks
·

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    jr,
    My guess is that you would do them indirect at about 375º - 400º all we've ever done in the oven is toss them on a cookie sheet and wait. They're dang good and a lot of fun.
    Let us know how they turn out. I've never thought of doing them on MR. Egg!
    Carey

·
  • FireballFireball Posts: 354
    jr,
    I did it last year. The temp was around 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Be sure to prick or make a small cut into the chestnut before roasting. I used a small foil pan with holes punched in it for a roasting pan.[p]Most of the chestnuts I had were bad. I got very few that were good to eat out of a pound. Good luck.
    Fireball

·