Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homemade Baked Beans and other musings from yesterday

TomCPA
TomCPA Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I forgot to take pictures because Mrs. TomCPA demanded I mow the lawn since I haven't done so in two months (it's barely rained out here in lovely central Maryland). Anyway, made some baked beans in my dutch oven on the BGE yesterday. After some major modifications to a recipe I found, I must say they came out pretty good. Mrs. TomCPA liked them and her sister and husband (both big pains in my neck) seemed to enjoy them. I just need to remember to keep stirring the pot and to use a thicker pot holder when I grab the lid next time.[p]My pulled pork turned out just fine. My brisket was better, though (thanks to the commercial grade meat slicer). Thanks for sharing your insights on temperature yesterday. I started keeping a log for future cooks so I know when not to panic.[p]Three weeks until my debut cooking for a Knights of Columbus event. I'm more nervous than Michael Vick at a PETA convention.[p]Tom

Comments