Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Babyback ribs & Guru

Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do you use the Guru while doing babybacks? In other words where do you put the meat probe or can you use it while doing these ribs. I would like to have the guru control my dome temp.[p]Thanks,[p]Ray

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    8cd110c9.jpg
    <p />Babyray,[p]I made a little hooter that clips to the grate and is 2" higher than the ribs. I attach my pit probe to it and don't use the meat probe (or ramp mode). Some do, but I don't pay attention to dome temp, I go with actual temp at the grate. Well, 2" above the grate. [p]The guru guys sell a thing called a tree that will do the same thing, or for now you can use a clothes pin.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    thirdeye,[p]I like that--doing ribs tomorrow for many. Do you use indirect throughout the entire 3-1-1 method? Also I have seen greater times for spares. Something like 3-2-2. Do you agree?[p]Thanks