Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating and Ribs (reheating)

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to a big game Monday night and I want to precook a few racks for tailgating. I usually go with 3-1.5-1 and they turn out great but I need suggestions for precooking them and then reheating them for the game. On game day I will only have access to a large (George Foreman) type grill. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Mark,
    I've been cooking extra ribs to put away for future use. I vaccuum pack 'em and then reheat in boiling water before opening package. Cut'em down to managable lengths before vac packing. They turn out great! I'm afraid a large (George Foreman) type grill might not work because the ribs will be so tender already, that they would probabley tear apart; spare ribs might be more tolerant of George than babybacks. You could boil them before you leave the house and then keep in a cooler. We used to reheat ribs and burgers and hotdogs by foiling them and setting them on the hot car engine block for a while. Todays motors have too much additional renevations to allow that spacewise.HTH. Happy tailgating [p]DSCI0002-6.jpg