Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks, JR!

J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited 10:34AM in EggHead Forum
Our (BGE Forum)JR, owner of the Outdoor Cook, W. Michigan's BGE dealer, had an excellent & fun fish cooking class Tuesday night. We tried salmon smoked and salmon planked; catfish was fried, tuna was blackened, etc., etc. We were inspired enough to have just made a trip to the lumber yard for cedar & alder. He also sent me home with some of that Canadian "HOT" charcoal to try which had been mentioned on the forum recently. Thanks, JR! JCA
·

Comments

• ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
    J Appledog, Dang! Sorry I missed it! I think Fingers and I would have been there had we known. Sounds like a great time was had and I'm sure it was as JR always puts on a fine show. I would have loved to have tasted the cedar plank salmon, since it sounds so different.
    Oh well, maybe next time we can participate and I guess I will have to start writing down the dates of his planned events (since i didn't this time :( ).
    Glad you had a good time, and hope to see you guys soon,
    ChefRD[p]

·
  • JRJR Posts: 31
    ChefRD,[p]This was part of our "Outdoor Cook University" classes- listed on our website (check out the event on November 3)[p]I couldn't find a cedar plank for the class so I used an oak plank---it was awesome....the smell drives you crazy![p]

·
  • ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
    jr, thanks for the update. I read your website earlier, but just plain forgot about it. I'll check out the november 3 date, as I can probly make that. Thanks.
    You may have started something, cooking on oak! :) And, I'll bet it did smell wonderful and I wish I was there to enjoy it, but oh well, maybe next time.
    Keep up the good work and thanks again,
    ChefRD.

·