Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING: Emergency 911: Chicken breasts

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wife just called and she is working late in surgery. Wants me to cook Chicken Breasts on the BGE. Any suggestions? Time, temperature, seasoning and BGE set up needed. Just something simple.

Comments

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    EagerEagger,[p]
    You could BBQ them....at 350 deg then sauce them the last few mins...[p]Do you have a meat thermo?[p]I like them with a little salt, pepper, paprika, and some soy sauce then grill them till done!

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    EagerEagger,
    i found this one surprisingly easy but it was deboned chicken thighs
    DSCN0245.jpg[p]although i did not take a picture of it i did wessb's stuffed chicken breast and it was pretty easy.....[p]
    although since it sounds like you are in a hurry i would just do what you normally would on your old grill.... [p]my $.02[p][p]
    happy eggin
    tb

[ul][li]stuffed chicken brest[/ul]

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eager Egger
    Options
    icemncmth, Yes I do have a meat thermometer. 160 degrees? Thanks to you and BENTE for getting back to me. Been married for 42+ years and always try to deliver.[p]
  • Bob In Texas
    Options
    icemncmth,
    Do you BBQ over direct or indirect heat? This is all new to me....so a dumb question.

• Eager Egger
    Options
    Bob In Texas, Bob: For me direct is on the grill right over the lump charcoal. Indirect is when I put on the place setter and cook it away from the coals. BGE cooking is new for me also Bob, but these are terms we used with our smoker. So I apologize if it is confusing.
    Mike[p]

• icemncmth
    Options
    Bob In Texas,[p]I do direct..but I use a raised grid....[p]I sauces about 5 mins before they are done to let the sauce thicken..

• icemncmth
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]
    The thing about chicken is you can do pretty much what you like..[p]My wive loves it when I take boneless chicen breasts and rub olive oil on them..then sprinkle with italian seasoning...[p]I will cook them for a little while like that then...I just take some tomatoe sauce and cover the chicken..then put some
    pepperoni on top of that and let it cook for a little while to crisp up the pepperoni...then I use some fresh basil and top it off with a little motz cheese and let that get hot and melted....[p]Then you can eat it just like that or throw it ontop of some pasta.[p]And then I put some fresh basil and some motz cheese on top of th

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    EagerEagger,[p]This is probably too late, but I like to marinate in Zesty Italian Dressing and Lower Sodium Dale's... I don't ever measure, just more Zesty Italian than Dale's, to cover the chicken or steak... [p]Let them marinate for about an hour and then put them on direct at about 350... It doesn't take long to cook them...[p]Talk about simple, juicy and good...[p]HTH,
    ...AnnaG...

• Eager Egger
    Options
    EagerEagger, Thanks to all who replied last evening. I cooked the breasts on the grill directly over the coals. Seasoned them with some McCormicks Poutry seasoning I found in the kitchen Spice Cabinet. 350 degrees for about 20 or 30 minutes and the remote thermometer read 160 degrees internal temp.[p]The seasoning was fine for a last minute thing. My biggest surprise was that the boneless breasts were still very moist and tasty when cooked directly over the coals. I normally try to do things other than steaks with the place setter in. Will be trying direct grilling more often! I sure am impressed with the way food comes out of my BGE!
    Thanks to BENTE,icemncmth, Bob in Texas and AnnaG for the quick replies. [p]

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    It's Eggmazing![p]I'm always amazaed as well.[p]My Summary:
    The egg is VERY forgiving - it's VERY hard to mess something up
    It has the BEST moisture retention
    It's VERY VERY versatile[p]-Jeeves