Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have any suggestions on doing burgers with any of the dizzy pig seasonings? I just received all of the dizzy pig rubs and would like to try more of them, but if someone doesn't have any great suggestions, I will just use something else.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Dr. Walrod,
    I like to mix the Cow Lick in with the patty and top with the others.
    I like the spice of Swamp Venom or Red Eye.
    Hard to go wrong with any of the DP.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Dr. Walrod,
    Shakin' the Tree or Raising the Steaks. Swamp Venom if you prefer a little warmth.[p]BTW, from one newby to another, welcome to the cult.[p]Mike

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Dr. Walrod,[p]Three of the DP rubs are aimed at beef. Raising the Steaks, Cowlick and Red-Eye Express are good for burger. The Red-Eye has some coffee in it, so depending on your taste, it may seem a little odd. Of the three, Raising is my favorite. But I also like mixing Ragin' River with an equal amount of Swamp Venom (sweet + hot). With Cowlick, I throw in some extra sweet paprika. [p]Something I do is melt unsalted butter with various rubs mixed in, and spread that on white bread toast. It helps me guess how the rub will work with meats.[p]gdenby
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    gdenby,
    Unsalted butter w/rubs? Sounds like a good idea. I'll try...

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Dr. Walrod,[p]Try this:[p]1 lb ground round (80/20 or 85/15)
    1 small vidalia onion chopped
    1 tbs steak sauce
    1 tbs Raising the Steaks.
    Salt and pepper to taste (careful here both are in rub)[p]Mix throughly, but loosely.[p]Cook at 350 direct to your desired doneness (I like mine on the rare side) flipping only once. Cover with Cheddar Cheese and sauted sliced baby bella's (butter, garlic)[p]No need to waste a roll just eat it as is..[p]

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Pete,[p]I aways love the recipes that tell you to "Salt and pepper to taste" prior to cooking. But in this case, you redeemed yourself by saying "I like mine on the rare side".[p]Best,
    Rich

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Dr. Walrod,[p]I usually use Raisin' the steaks, but MadMax posted earlier that he used Redeye Express on his burgers and they were awesome.
    Maybe try a little on each and see which one you like the best! :)

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Morro Bay Rich,[p] I always taste my hamburger before I cook it too. I was being sarcastic about the 'rare' part :)[p]Celtic 'My T-Rex never gets past the sear' Wolf[p]
  • fonchik
    fonchik Posts: 92
    Options
    Dr. Walrod,
    Last night I did 3# of burgers mixed with some chopped onion and DP Raisin' the Steaks. The burgers were a hit and a 2 year old was asking for more!
    HTH
    ~~Linnea

• Photo Egg,
    Thanks to all of the ideas, tonight I ended up not having much time, so I did Cowlick in the burgers and shaking the tree on top. Yummy, Yummy! Thanks again for all of the ideas and I will definitely try them at a later time.

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    RedEye is good on about anything.[p]Get crazzy try STT on beef. I've done tri tip with it a couple times.[p]H