Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

London Broil

WJSWJS Posts: 54
edited 1:36PM in EggHead Forum
I am looking for any suggestions on cooking a "London Broil". I checked the archives with no sucess. I was cleaning out the freezer when I came upon this "lump of meat", which loos like it's still in good condition. Does anybody have any thoughts on marinades/rubs/seasonings and/or cooking techniques?
·

Comments

• WJS,[p]I think I'd marinate it and grill it hot until medium-rare or so, then slice it thin across the grain.[p]It would probably also be good cubed for chili, if you have enough of it -- say two or three pounds.[p]Good luck![p]David

·
  • WJS,[p]I did some London Broil recently to make "steak" quesadillas. The results were so good, it had me questionning why I pay $8-10 per pound for filets. I rubbed the outside with a mixture of Cracked Black pepper, Kosher salt, and garlic powder. I cooked on the Egg at 425 for 2 minutes per side, then brought temp down to 350. I let it go until the internal temp was 135. I like it medium rare. They were very good. Filets are better, but considering I spent less than $2 per lb, I was quite pleased.

·
  • WJS,[p]This recipe for London Broil is a good one. The entire Sonoran Grill Website is filled with great recipes, perfect for the Egg.
    [ul][li]Bourbon and Ginger Marinated London Brol[/ul]
    ·
  • WJS,
    London broil makes for some good jerky. Go
    to Tim M's website for recipes.....enjoy![p]Ed

·
  • EJ,
    Any idea on times for a cut like that? Use a Polder or instant read? Thanks! Big Murth

·
  • WJSWJS Posts: 54
    EJ,
    Thanks for the link! I've got the meat marinading (but I had to improvise on a couple of ingredients). I'm only going to marinade it for 8 hours due to time constaints. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
  • Big Murth,[p]When I do London Broil, I get the dome temp to about 500 or so, and grill 3-4 minutes per side depending on the weight. Then I let it dwell about 6-8 minutes. I like it medium rare. It's great for sandwiches and fajitas the next day.
    ·