Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Season pizza stone?

Options
Smokin' Lady
Smokin' Lady Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just became an Egger a couple of weeks ago, have used it every day at least once, having great fun trying pizza, casseroles, and of course lots of great BBQ. Should a new pizza stone be seasoned before using, and if so how. Also, what's the coldest temp. you can safely use an Egg at? I plan to use mine all winter, but it can get pretty cold here in Ontario, so just wondered what some of you other cold dwellers do. Just going out now to try a batch of Celtic Wolf's buttermilk biscuits.

Comments

• Otobiz
    Otobiz Posts: 82
    Options
    Smokin' Lady, im in ontario also, Iv been told that there is no temp limit to using your new found gem, what part of ont are you in, im in st thomas

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Smokin' Lady,
    No need to season your stone.Normal useage will do it for you.Temperature is no problem.Just remember to put the stone in right after you light your lump.No thermal shock that way .

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Smokin' Lady,
    No, do not season a pizza/baking stone. Just use it. Don't ever clean it with soap. If you need to clean it, just use a food scraper and scrape it off. It will self-clean with use. It will get dirty and nasty looking, but that is what it is supposed to do. Good luck![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Smokin' Lady
    Options
    Nice to meet you otobiz, I'm near Tiverton, and my Egg came from the Stove Parlour in Tiverton. Thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to some wintery cookouts.