Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Durn Good Burgers

Options
Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The other night I was watching Paula's Party on the Food Network. She had her son on and he had a recipe for Burgers. The Egghead idea light came on.. DING!!!![p]1lb ground beef (I used 85/15)
1 cup chopped onion (vidalia)
1tbs of your favorite Steak Rub. Hope I don't need to name this one :)
1tbs steak sauce[p]Mix Well. Grill till medium rare.[p]precooked.jpg[p]1pkg Puff Pasty. You can make it if you want, but it's easier this way.[p]Cut Puff pastry in 4 pieces.[p]Cover one piece with Chedder Cheese, and then the Burger. Cover the burger with pastry.[p]Bake in Egg at 350 till pastry is browned[p]puffburgers.jpg[p]THEY WERE GOOOD!!! next time though I will do this on the pizza stone.[p]

Comments

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]That sounds weirdly good! :) I would think the combo of cheese, ground beef & puff pastry would be too rich, but when you think about it - it is kinda like hamburgers wellington!! :)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Did you receive?

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    AlaskanC,[p] I didn't tell you about the ones I added sauted baby portabellas too They were better :)[p][p]
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    looks great pete!!![p]pizza stone sounds like a more uniform way of cooking the pastry..[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Why yes I did - yesterday morning....... trust me, a new post is forthcoming. :) Absolutely BEAUTIFUL work, and you gave me the added bonus of having the perfect reason to get another egg! I need an XL for the AlaskanC handle for sure!![p]I hope Brent does not read this.....lol..