Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Smoked Whole Chicken

Trout Bum
Trout Bum Posts: 343
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a smoked whole chicken to cook. Don't know what to do with it as my wife bought it allready smoked from a local sausage speciality shop.
Guess I'll just put it on indirect around 300* till it gets warm in the middle.
Any other suggestions?
B D

Comments

• Big Daddy,
    What fun is that? Strip the bones, feed it to the dog and go down to the supermarket and get a nice fresh chicken and smoke it yourself, it'll be much more rewarding and you won't hafta ask anyone what to do with it.
    Good Q to ya!

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Big Daddy, You've probably already determined what you're going to do, but if not, why not do the first part of what Citizen Q suggested, and strip the meat. BUT, rather than give it to the dog, use that as a base something different on the Egg. Try a gumbo, a paella, a chili, a chowder, a stew, smoked chicken fajitas etc etc Use the smoked chicken as a springboard into something wonderful of your own creation!
    Exploring the endless possibilities,
    Qfan

• Big Daddy,
    Believe it or not it was great. Cooked it 275* indirect for about 1 hour.
    B D

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Big Daddy,
    I'd have never thought to basically warm up an already cooked bird on the egg. I'd have gone with the gumbo option.
    Just so long as you had a good meal.

• Shelby,
    If was exceptional. As good as the chicks that I've done from scratch.
    B D