Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork

Options
newegglander
newegglander Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to feed about 200 people pulled pork and have an XL. Has anybody done a 2 tier set-up with the XL. Also, I am thinking about 100 lbs, uncooked, for this crowd.[p]Thanks for the help

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    newegglander,
    100 pounds of raw pork butt should yield about 240 servings that are 4 ounces in size. This will be cutting it close if you have a lot of big eaters.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    newegglander,[p]I just did an employee appreciation BBQ last Friday. I had about 75 people to feed. I did ABTs, beans, a brisket for the non-pork eaters (I can't imagine), and about 47 pounds of raw pork butt. This was 6 butts of 7-9.5 pounds each.[p]The finished pork completely filled 2 of the full aluminum serving pans. I didn't weigh the final product, but there was plenty for the crowd with about 15-20% left over.[p]I agree with TNW, 100 pounds raw is probably cutting it a little close, depending on how you serve it. I offered buns, but many people ate the pork undressed. Another lesson I learned is even if you think you have enough sauce, you don't.[p]
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Depends on who yer feed'n.....Lumberjacks Local 1522...or the First Methodist Church Senior Ladies Convention....Figure 5 - 6 ounces per sandwhich...generally speaking..with plenty of sides..And the 100 pounds works....If you're feeding the Lumberjacks union...better add another 20 pounds....[p]Ed McLean...eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    newegglander,
    I don't think that it is a good idea to serve uncooked pork to these people.......please cook that pork[p]LOL[p]Jan