Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bluefish Update

TOROLNSTNDTOROLNSTND Posts: 38
edited 10:03AM in EggHead Forum
As a diversion from yesterdays events (and from the guy across the floor with Rush Limbaugh up way too loud), here's how Sunday's catch turned out:
I marinated the filets overnight in Maui Mountain Teriyaki, put them in the Egg last night at 5:30 (even though we didn't have much of an appetite) on the fish grid elevated with 2 firebricks over a foil drip pan at 200 deg. The plan was for 5 to 5 1/2 hours but I fell asleep watching the various broadcasts and woke up at 12:50 am to a dome temp of 250. It had been steady at 200 up til 10:00, the fish seemed a little dry and shredded easily (like chicken) so I zip-locked in the fridge.
Went home for lunch today and decided to give it a try, held my nose and took a bite........... DELICIOUS!! Tasted a bit like sardines but not so oily (since I overcooked it a bit anyway) and very nice with the cherry wood smoke. Tossed a handful onto a Martin's Potato Roll with a thin slice of cheddar and a bit of Thomas Fish Camp tarter sauce, tasted so good that I made another.
Most people around here catch the blues for the fight and then cut em up as bait for the stripers or lobster traps. The 3 people back at work that I told about lunch looked at me as if I had 3 heads, but it's good stuff.

·