Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza help

Options
GerM
GerM Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm new (1 month with medium egg). I've tried pizza 2 times and both times the bottom was burned and the top wasn't brown. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.[p]Thanks

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    GerM,
    tell us how you are doing it.
    what's yer set up?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    GerM,
    to tell you what you are doing wrong, you'll have to tell us what you're doing. What's your setup? What kind of dough? What temps? How long did you preheat? [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    4-29-pizza5-weba.jpg
    <p />GerM,[p]First of all, are you using premade crust or rolling out your own dough? Follow the link below for a description of the setup I use (pictured above) for premade crust - it can also be adapted for fresh dough, per my description at the link.[p]Basically, you need to get the pizza higher in the dome, and, depending on your setup, you may need to use parchment paper under your pizza or a pizza screen - something to soak up or better distribute some of that heat. Are you using a pizza stone and platesetter? Sometimes it helps to put an air barrier between the two. If you're using just a platesetter than you will very likely burn the bottom.[p]Show us a picture of or describe your setup, if you can, and that will help us better pinpoint your issue.[p]Good luck,[p]TRex
    [ul][li]Pizza[/ul]