Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

London Broil

TomCPATomCPA Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife requested London Broil this weekend since it was on sale at the store. I tried Naked Whiz's Rub on it (Thanks, TNW!). Cooked it for almost an hour around 375 degrees (I tried to hold at 350 but I passed out from exhaustion and my wife thought I said 375). Anyway, I took it off as my internal temp was above 140. I let it sit for 5 minutes and much to my surprise it was medium.[p]I sliced it extremely thin since I have a commercial grade meat slicer (sometimes when a client goes out of business that can be a good thing). I tasted it and the rub had a nice sweet flavor to it because of the sugar. Then a lightbulb went off in my head: why not a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce to go with it? I had some left over from another dinner I made. I heated it up a bit and lo and behold it helped enhance the flavor of the meat. I recommend trying the sauce to anyone.