Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New at this, 1st Boston Butts

Options
ChefDave
ChefDave Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm new at this. Yesterday afternoon I put two 8# Bostons butts and an eight# brisket on my large BGE. This morning at 7:30 after checking temps on all three, I took the pieces off, wrapped them in foil and now I hear my wife announcing that we are having pulled pork for breakfast.
Just finished 3 doz ears of corn and now in the process of removing kennels before bagging them and using my food saver, then freeze everything. I'm presently during 3 doz hamburgers on my lefeover coals.

Comments

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    Letts-Do_It,
    dang man how many kids you got?[p]are maybe your just a hungry guy[p]wow I am definietly tripping on your amounts[p]Jan

• Keep up this pace and you'll get the hang of the Egg in no time.

Mike in Abita
  • ChefDave
    Options
    Metalhead,
    Would you believe, that's my wife and myself. Then comes the three dogs, two parrots, one cat and Maysie the monkey. I find that we get such great corn (peaches and cream) here, I put 3 doz ears up on Wed and Sat, that is when we have our farmer's market open. The corn is great in the winter time. The Boston Butts were practice to see if I could cook something for 16 hours and not open the lid to look. We freeze in two portion size and use it down the road.

• Letts-Do-It,[p]Wow!!! I can see doing the corn & other vegies but I am not sure about the meat.Cooking all that at one time. You must like leftovers!? [p]I will have to try freezing some burgers and then eating them later to see how well this works.[p]I think I would go through withdrawal symptons not using my egg for so long inbetween cooks.[p]good eggin, kent
  • ChefDave
    Options
    kent,
    To be honest, I have never done a butt before and the package I purchased at Sam's had two butts in, so might as well do two and freeze some. We also cook a lot of food and share with my wife's father. Using the food saver to bag the leftovers works great.