Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Back Ribs

I saw some Beef Back ribs at Super Walmart in Atlanta for about 1.99 lb. Are these as good as the pork backs, or is it just a matter of opinion?[p]What about cooking times and temps, are they similar to pork backs?[p]
·

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    beef2.jpg
    <p />kurt,[p]No - beef ribs are a whole other animal(pun intended). They tend to be tough and greasy so longer slow cooks are best for these. Try to do them at 275-325 indirect for 5-6 hrs.[p]Tim[p]
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    BeefRibs06_12_0015_58_01_small.jpg
    <p />kurt, Tim is right on - I personally prefer the baby backs - bought 3 racks this afternoon. The link is to my one and only experience with beef ribs. Good Luck! :~}

[ul][li]Beef Ribs[/ul]
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,
    ""The link is to my one and only experience with beef ribs.""[p]Is that like saying - your first and last experience? I have done them 3 times and #4 maybe be sometime this century. They rate much lower than Baby Backs (also my favorite).[p]Tim

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    08_04_0018_21_02.jpg
    <p />Tim M, real close - since I buy baby backs and my wife doesn't buy (or eat) ribs I may not get the chance. [p]Today is baby back rib day - covered them with 'Memphis Sytle' rub early this morning and they'll be on at about 1pm - I'm making enough for me and wife - guess I'll just have to eat lots! [p]Picture illustrates a past EggSperience![p]Life is GOOD! :~}[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
    ·