Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest Bread where's recipe?

Options
Trout Bum
Trout Bum Posts: 343
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If memory serves me right, I remember seeing a post of somone making bread at the eggfest in Waldorf this past spring.
Does anyone know where the recipe and directions are for it.
Need to make bread tomorrow to go with egged Italian sausage and home made spaghetti sauce and pasta.
Thanks,
B D

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    The closest thing to bread I remember from Waldorf was Brad Davidson's naan. It was fabulous.[p]Here is the link.
    NB

[ul][li]BDavidson's Naan[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • AlexKeenan
    AlexKeenan Posts: 19
    Options

My daughter an I did bread at the Cincinnati eggfest.

The basic recipe for bread is

5 cups high gluten four
    2 cups water
    1 table spoon salt
    1 table spoon yeast

Mix dough until a even ball of dough is formed and let it double in size.
    We used a bread machine with the dough setting to mix and let rise.

When making your dough ball you do not want it extreemly sticky or flaky. It it is sticky and gummy in texture you add flour. When flaky or there is dried flour you add liquid.
    Ideal dough ball is like play dough in testure. Not so dry that it does not form a ball but not so wet that it will not hold a ball shape.

Then after is has risen once to double it's size then form the dough into the desired shape.
    It needs to be covered and allowed to rise again.

After it has completed second rising then you bake it.

ALL bread is done when internal temperature is 200 degrees F.

Now for eggfest my daughter wants different flavors of bread. So we did a number of beer breads, herb bread, etc.

If you add liquid like beer you reduce amount of water.
    If you add dry like ground spices or mushrooms you add water.

For an eggfest we try to use stuff that is safe without refregeration like beer, herbs, ground spices, sugars, etc.

You can make thousands of flavors by just adding things to the basic bread recipe.