Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Egg--Medium or Small

Birdman
Birdman Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Having thoroughly enjoyed by large BGE for several months, and having read the recent posts about multiple eggs, I am considering a second. What would all you Eggsperts recommend for a second Egg -- medium or small?[p]Thank,[p]Birdman
toddthompson@qwest.net

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Birdman,
    The only answer is another large...

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Birdman,[p]Small because it is portable and very versatile.[p]Zipp

• Birdman, my collection started like you with a large. I added a small and think that combo is great. Wifey complicated that though and now I have a medium as well. But I definitely would go for the small next if I even had it to do over!

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Birdman, My second was a small also. The best arrangement if you're going to own two, IMO
    Painter

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Birdman, just rememebr though that many of the accessories that will fit in the large will also fit in the medium - but not in the small.

• Birdman,
    My second is a small to go with my large.
    If I had it to do over?????
    The small and medium both have advantages;
    Small is transportable, I put it in the front seat and secure it with the seat belt, but the hindge system is a pain in the butt and a little more space would be nice.
    Medium has locking hindge same as the large, can hold more chow but is not easy to travel with and being able to travel with an egg is a big advantage.
    B D

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Lake_Egg.jpg
    <p />Birdman,[p]I also started with a large. For a second egg to compliment the Small, my vote would be for the Small. I find myself using it about 75% of the time. For weeknight dinners and conservation of lump, it's great. The best thing though, is it travels easily. Our trips to the lake would never be the same without the Small.[p]Carl T