Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket times and Who do I talk to?

It seems that all the area briskets are well-trimmed 4lb flats. If I wanted to do 3 or 4 at once, how much time do you think it would take at 225?[p]Also, I've contacted Jim about my hinge problem. He returned my call later the same day. To my surprise, he suggested that a good idea would be to have my local guy come to my house and replace it! I thought that matbe he wanted someone with real Eggsperience to check it out since having a heavy ceramic dome spin-out of its hinge is fairly dangerous and I don't think I'm the only one. Well, the guy comes out and charges me $35 service call for a 10 min hinge job I could have done myself! And guess what? Evan though it's not bent, it still fits my egg the same exact way, maybe evan worse(not flush up against the rim). So I remain quite concerned. I've left two more messages over a period of a week and no call back! Any suggestions? Who's the main man at HQ? Lots of times, I've got kids or a dog not too far away during a cook, so until this issue is resolved, just call me sleepless in Tampa.
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Dr. Seuss,
    Ask for Ed Fisher, he owns BGE.

·
  • JJ,
    That didnt work when I called Microsoft. I asked for Bill Gates, but someone said he wasnt taking calls at the time.
    ST

·
  • Dr. Seuss,
    The last beef brisket I smoked was about 4 1/2lbs. At 250* it took just about 10 hours to reach an internal temp of 200*. Good Luck.

·
  • Smokin' Todd,
    Now that is down right funny!
    R&J

·