Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

poterhouse

Hi. This is my 1st entry in the forum. I have been a BGE owner since July and have strictly used it as a smoker. Can't say enough about it. I have gotten alot of information just by reading all of the entries on the forum. To everyone, thanks for the help and keep up the good work. I am now ready to try the BGE as a grill. I have an inch and a half thick porterhouse and would appreciate any suggestions as far as temp & time of cooking. Thanks again......MikeS

Comments

• MikeS,[p]I just got my egg today, so I am also looking forward to info you get on this topic. Check out the following website for some good info on egg cooking:

• Hey, that link did not work, let me put it in this message:[p]http://www.tm52.com/

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    MikeS, have never tried a porterhouse but I would imagine the traditional 3/3/4 at 750 should create a fine medium rare porterhouse. That is 3 minutes on each side at 750 and then close all the vents and let it dwell for about 4 minutes. It you want it well done, increase the dwell time to about 10-12 minutes.