Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

to pull or not to pull?

GaDawgGaDawg Posts: 178
edited 10:15PM in EggHead Forum
I have a butt going that should be finished in an hour or
so (it's for tomorrow). Should I pull it tonight or put it
up as is. I've never done a butt and not pulled it right away.
Any advice?[p]Chuck

·

Comments

• SippiSippi Posts: 83
    GaDawg,
    I've done it both ways, but in my opinion, it is much easier while still hot.

·
  • GaDawg,[p]We just through eating a butt that I cooked yesterday. I left it whole and then tonight put it in the oven wrapped in foil at 225.[p]After 2 hours I pulled it. I'm sure either way would work out fine, but this way worked great for me.[p]Enjoy it. Frank

·
  • Sippi,
    I agree to pull while hot, although I cooked a 5 pound one this weekend that was nice to just 'pull' little parts as I needed some. I think a cooler is nice because you can wrap and let them rest. Then use ice overnight and serve them fresh the next day.[p]

·
  • GaDawg,[p]I usually pull 80% of a butt when hot, but save a chunk for later. Once the butt has cooled, the fat congeals, making pulling.... eh no longer possible. BUT.... you can thin slice that remainder piece, and eat it cold with your favorite mustard and cold beer! [p]Mike
    ·