Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Would like to know more about the mini

Kevin DKevin D Posts: 60
edited 10:22PM in EggHead Forum
Hello All,[p]While checking out the responses to the "multiple egg" posting, I noticed that many of you own mini's. I believe that I can get a pretty good deal on one right now. I would like to know it's limitations. Can you hold 300 degrees? Can you cook a small beer butt chicken? Do you separate out small lump and use it in the mini? What are your most frequent cooks? Thanks.[p]Kevin
·

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    Kevin D,[p]Most I've used my Mini for is a checken breast or two, samll steak(s)never tried a small chicken although I'm not sure if there's enough room to sit one up on a beer can. I use whatever lump that falls out of the bucket except for the really big pieces.
    Mine was a gift and I like it but I've never really used it like I use Mr. Big.
    carey

·
  • Kevin D,
    I have done a 3 lb whole bird in my mini. Fit perfectly, and came out delicious.
    My MINI has a hinge defect...but I still use it!
    I wrap the grill in aluminum foil before I put the bird on so that flame doesnt charr the bird.
    ST

·
  • Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    Kevin D,[p]When it's just the wife and I, I use the Mini for chops, steaks, bs breasts, brats, pork tenderloin (our favorite). I also like to grill corn on the cob. Direct, no foil or husk. It does a wonderful job of roasting the corn. I also like to throw on some seasoned potatoe wedges direct. I grill the corn or taters while the main dish is going on the Small or Large.[p]I made a slide top for my Mini. I can hold any temp just like the other eggs.[p]Carl T
    ·
  • Carl T,
    Can you share your slide top with us?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    Slide_top_for_Mini.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,[p]Here's the top I made from a 2.5 inch pipe union nut and some 3/32" aluminum sheet. It really work great. I can hold temps steady with no problem.[p]Carl T

·
  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Carl T,[p]Nice work, and great pic. Thanks, Cornfed
    ·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    The Naked Whiz,
    You can also use a small Egg daisy wheel with some gasket material on the inside bottom to seal off the airflow.
    JimW

·