Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The sun didn't shine but my Butt did-Thanks Char-Woody

Options
WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
That butt took 22 hours and it rained probably 16 of those hours-literally! This rookie needed immediate help when the rains came and Char-Woody was there at 1:00 in the morning with it! Thanks![p]It turned out great, talk about juicy! My family said they think it was my best cook yet.[p]This forum is great and I think I speak for every newbie out there when I say we truly appreciate every one of you who contribute in such a positive way! Makes me proud to be an Egger:-)[p]I think I'm going to have to go to one of those Egg shindigs one of these times to meet some of you legends![p]Bob

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    WudEyeDoo, FOFLOL...you caught me on one of my worry nights.
    So I stayed up later than usual.
    Great that all went super good with the cook, Next time better weather and someone will be around to fix ya up, or you can be around to help the next guy. Great world.
    I have a 7.5 lb capon (neutered rooster) to roast tomorrow..Gonna be feast time for a evening Sunday lunch.
    Cheers..
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I have seen those Capons at the store, but did not realize what they were....sterilized roosters! What is the difference in texture/flavor from a regular chicken??[p]Hope your weekend is going well. A crisp gorgeous morning on the 50s here in Virginnny.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, Hello NB...think of a nice georgeous fat white rock hen at its prime maturity. Thats almost a Capon. Always look for the surgical capon. Some used to be created with a synthetic hormone capsule injected under the skin at the base of the skull. This caused the male organs not to develop internally. Creating a meatier, more juicy tender meat. Try one, you will like it.
    Same difference between a steer and a bull. Boar or gilt. Ribbit or squid...er...no...thats wrong. :-)
    Cheers...have fun on the forum.
    C~W[p]