Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

knees in or knees out?

RAKRAK Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My spatchcock chicken is on the BGE cooking, but when I placed it, I had a question. Do you cook it knees in or knees out? I know this isn't earthshaking, but it seems that knees out flattens it more and maybe cooks more evenly? Any opinions? Ruth
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Rak,[p]Knees out will tend to fall apart when attempting to remove the finished meal. Other than that, I've noticed no real difference in cooking time or the finished meal.[p]Spin
    ·
  • HuckHuck Posts: 110
    Rak,
    I don't know why this was so funny to me, perhaps it was me having visions of you dancing this chicken vaudvillian style trying to get it right! I must have fat chickens, they always just cook the way they're cut.

·
  • sp1.jpg
    <p />Rak,
    Here is how I cook 'em:[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·