Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Temp. Gauge

MarkMark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bent my temp. gauge to the point of no return on a large dutch oven, full of Reds Brunswick Stew, are there any replacements other than the BGE gauge? One maybe with a shorter probe, larger dail, etc.
Currently using my Polder with what seems to be excellent results.

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Mark, Sorry to hear about the stem on your thermometer. Maybe thats a good reason to use either the metal clip on the exterior for height adjustments. I find the same problem with other accessories when added to the BGE.
    Part of the game I guess is to make mental notes of "doo dah stuff first" with the thermometers. If you need a emergency spot to test for temp, use the dome slots on the daisy wheel. I find very little difference from that to the original dome access hole.
    I just close the daisy tight to the stem. Plenty of air for low and slow cooks. Wider if you need it for higher temps.
    Tim M had a source for a short stem thermometer..e.mail him.
    C~W[p]

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Mark,[p]A shorter version is located on the page linked below.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]dome thermometer[/ul]