Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Churrasco - Brazilian Barbecue

Anybody ever try this on the BGE? Would appreciate any info you can give.[p]Thanks.

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    NewBGE, That name Churrasco rings a bell. Never did it but it seems someone way back in the archives had a thread on it.
    A lady from that area I believe..residing in Florida. For those interested here is a website explaining Churrasco. Looks like cooking slabs of beef ribs over open camp fire, similar to the drying of salmon in the NorthWest. [p]C~W[p]

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    <p />New:[p]Not much, but the picture could give you some ideas . . .

[ul][li]Fogo de Chao[/ul]
  • NewBGE,
    I just made Churrasco the other night.. I did it on the mini.. I saw a guy who owns a restaurant on foodtv doing these on a show recently.. He used filet mignons. You get a nice thick one butterfly it open and then pound it flat between plastic wrap.. Then brush on the salmura,(I think its called that) just a salt water mixture, Argentineans
    brush it on all their beef before they grill it.. They are great grillers. Anyway then you brush on green chimichurri sauce and grill it.. I did mine about three minutes a side..( I cooked them at 400°) Now in the recipe I will link you to, it says to just serve the steak with the sauce but he brushed it on his first, on the show, and I marinaded mine in it , for thirty minutes the other day so... It is really good..[p]Dylan

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    Q.N.E. tyme,[p]I was trying to figure out why this sounded so familiar to me. Now I know I'm not imagining things. That was a pretty good opening segment and a really nice setup he was working with. We may just have to give this a try.[p]Ashley