Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Building a cart?

Hi All! I'm just a couple of months into my BGE and love it! I am looking for plans to build a cart for my BGE. Any help would be appreciated.

• SCW,
    Someone will point you to GFW's (Wise One's) site where he has plans. I have a website with photos of the construction of my cart for those that don't need plans and can build something just from ideas and concepts. I built my based on the BGE cart plans (which you can find on this website). Here is the address:[p]The Naked Whiz's Way Cool Technicolor Barbecue Cart[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    The plans are as TNW said available here on the website.
    But look no further than TNW's link. He did an excellent job and seems to have had fun in the process!

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    The Naked Whiz, I believe that was:[p]for Gordons website, and the table was from WiseOne, another excellent woodworker with expertise. [p]C~W

[ul][li]Gordon W's website.[/ul]
  • Shelby,
    Of course, others may wish to use pine in order to get the weight under 300 pounds.....

The Naked Whiz
  • Shelby,
    If you want a cart that doesn't weight a ton and will hold up to the elements, I suggest using Red Cedar. It's light weight, will stand up to the outdoor elements and is easy to work with.
    B D

• SCW,[p] I used pressure treated wood. Still goin' strong. You can see a picture of my cart in my visitor profile page.[p]MikeO