Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Newbie

Options
Edemitch
Edemitch Posts: 196
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had the Egg for 2 weeks and have made some eggcellant meals. I did my first long low cook last weekend with a 9.5# pork shoulder which I then pulled. It came out great. It was devoured in 1 sitting by the vultures (teenagers) Maybe it was a little too great. Now my daughter wants me to make it again for my granddaughters christening next week. I'll need to make 3 or 4 at a time, so my questions are:
-How will that impact my cooking time?
-How many can I fit in a medium egg?
I am open to any and all suggestions. I plan on making another one this weekend just to gain a little more experience.
Thanks in advance for your help. This site is fantastic for all of us newbie eggers.[p]Ed

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning EdeMitch:[p]Minimal effect on cooking time with multiple butts (maybe 30 to 60 minutes more). I did as many as three 8+ lb butts on my medium when I had it. They were a tight fit and did slightly touch when first put on, but after a little cooking the shrinkage gave plenty of room for the smoke to work it's magic (if I remember correctly I used toothpicks to keept them apart at first).[p]Good luck with the cook.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    That's what I kind of figured. Thanks for the quick response[p]Ed

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL