Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. Chicken Rib Roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This recipe looks like it has a salt crust, but there is no metion of it in the recipe. Am I missing something?[p]Thanks,[p]JBC

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    JBC,[p]The good Doctor clarified the recipe in a archived post. Click the link below.[p]Zip
    [ul][li]Click Here![/ul]
  • newsense
    newsense Posts: 32
    Options
    It is a salt crust, as you may already know. My advice is to cook it a LITTLE LONGER than 15 minutes per pound at 550 in a V-rack over a drip pan. I cooked a 4-pounder for an hour, then let it rest for 15 minutes... and it was still very red. Don't get me wrong, I like my beef rare -- "just run that cow through a warm kitchen" is my motto -- but this was still as rare as steak tartare. My suggestion is to leave it on for 15 minutes per pound, and then add at least 15 minutes (but check it with a meat thermometer) to achieve the desired results. You will be very pleased with the salt-crust approach.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    JBC,
    I believe my good friend Dr Chicken (aka Dave Spence) has added one other ingredient to the salt crust recipe and that is one egg white...it adds consistency to the crust...and for the yoke...no "yoke intended!" just pitch it!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.