Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I think she liked it!?

JethroJethro Posts: 495
edited 4:25AM in EggHead Forum
Last night when I got home my wife had some t-bones waiting for me and Humpty. She had rubbed em down with garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper. I was trying get humpty up to around 650°, but had a hard time getting to 550°. I finally decided to just throw em on at that temp. Went for 3 minutes flipped and after about 40 seconds I saw the thermometer at 750° and rising fast. Finally stopped rising when it wrapped around to the 250° mark. Finished the 2nd 3 minutes and decided a 3 minute dwell would finish them.[p]I took a bite and was in heaven, and my wife said they were great as well. Then after I finished mine she asked me if I wanted some of hers. Hmmmm, she must not have liked it that much after all. A few minutes later I look up and see my normally reserved wife gnawing on the bone, trying to get the last little morsels of meat. I don't know maybe she really did think it was a good steak!?[p]Jethro