Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think she liked it!?

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night when I got home my wife had some t-bones waiting for me and Humpty. She had rubbed em down with garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper. I was trying get humpty up to around 650°, but had a hard time getting to 550°. I finally decided to just throw em on at that temp. Went for 3 minutes flipped and after about 40 seconds I saw the thermometer at 750° and rising fast. Finally stopped rising when it wrapped around to the 250° mark. Finished the 2nd 3 minutes and decided a 3 minute dwell would finish them.[p]I took a bite and was in heaven, and my wife said they were great as well. Then after I finished mine she asked me if I wanted some of hers. Hmmmm, she must not have liked it that much after all. A few minutes later I look up and see my normally reserved wife gnawing on the bone, trying to get the last little morsels of meat. I don't know maybe she really did think it was a good steak!?[p]Jethro