Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket serving suggestions

Options
newsense
newsense Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm an Egg owner since March, and I'm about to try my first brisket over the holiday weekend. I plan to follow the eggfest recipe, but I have no idea what to expect when it's done. Do I slice it just like I would a boiled corned beef slab, or do I pull it like a butt? Also, do I serve it with coleslaw and horseradish? Any ideas and suggestions appreciated

Comments

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    newsense,
    Cut it in thin slices against the grain of the meat. You won't be disappointed. Low and slow is the way to go. Serve either alone with bbq sauce or on a roll. Love those brisket sandwiches.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    newsense,[p]I'm with Brad 100%. Pay attention to how the grain of the meat runs prior to cooking as it sometimes can be hard to see on the finished product. I slice it into 3/16-1/4" strips, cutting across the grain.[p]I recommend a club roll for the meat as the roll (slightly elongated) holds a lot more meat and is long enough to hold whole strips. I kind of stack the strips like knocked down dominos. No coleslaw is necessary, but a nice sauce works very well. We tend to vary, but do like a mustard sauce from a recipe by Jack McDavid.[p]You will be impressed with the result.[p]Spin[p]