Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Nature Boy's sauce used differently

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I used Nature Boy's Ginger and Mahogany sauce
http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/newRecipes/pork0134.htm
but instead of using as a finishing sauce on ribs I used it on salmon and it was GREAT!
The recipe makes 1 cup when finished and I used 1/3 to marinate the salmon for a couple hours - bet longer could have been even better. For personal tastes I didn't add the sugar and halved the ginger but otherwise followed the recipe including using the optional oyster sauce. I cooked at 325° dome for 50 minutes over a pan filled with water which was sitting on a defector stone (kinda like a pizza stone) . Three hand fulls of adler chips gave a perfect amount of smoke. 40 minutes into the cook I basted the fish with another 1/3 c. I served the fish with brown rice and used the remaining 1/3 after warming on the rice. That stuff was GOOD and the salmon was moist, tender and tasty. Thanks Chris! ^oo^~

Comments