Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reason(s) to remove membrane on ribs

Cheryl
Cheryl Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't claim to be an eggspert here... but when I entered baby back ribs in a bbq contest at state fair recently, the judges were a lot more knowledgeable than me! [p]The stated that one of the criteria for ribs is that the meat should pull cleanly and easily away from the bone...and that the membrane must be removed for this to happen. [p]Their scores for my ribs and the 2nd place ones were tied...but the membrane removal and moistness put mine into first place. Sooooooooo......that's good enough reason for me to keep taking it off. Happy q'ing all!

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cheryl, by golly, I agree with ya..."pullin cleanly away from the bone". And again, congratulations on all the fine ribbons in many other meat classes that many on the forum may not be aware of...This Iowa girl is a contender to be reckoned with at the Iowa State Fair.
    Cheers..
    C~W