Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Emergency lid for rain protection

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About two weeks ago I asked about protecting the food and lump from heavy rain, and quite a few people very kindly posted photos of their solutions. Well, two weeks passed and I simply forgot to check Lowes for one of the vent covers, and here I am on running the smoker and watching clouds roll in.[p]I found a temporary solution: I removed the coil handle from the iron lid and the ceramic lid sits loosely on top. I have to open the "rosette" vents quite a bit more this way, as it impedes airflow somewhat, but it works great once you get it set up right, and there isn't any way for water to get inside.[p]It doesn't look like a good fit in the photo, but those two metal parts that stick up where the wire handle fits to the iron lid actually fit very snugly inside the ceramic lid. I can open the dome cover without the ceramic piece falling off or moving.[p]The tin vent cover is still a better idea, but I thought I'd mention it in case somebody was ever trapped in a major downpour unexpectedly...[p]EggLid.jpg

Comments