Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Corned Beef Brisket

fiver29fiver29 Posts: 504
edited 7:43PM in EggHead Forum
What about corned beef brisket on the BGE? Any good?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Commercial packed or your own corned recipe??
    I tried a commercial corned beef, and not to my liking.
    C~W[p]

·
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 504
    Char-Woody,[p]Commercial. You don't recommend I take it?

Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·
    fiver29, Mine was far too salty but someone recommended to use a buttermilk bath overnight to reduced the exterior cure. Maybe someone can advise further..
    Good luck!!
    C~W[p]

·
  • fiver29,[p]I like commercial corned beef brisket but I've never had anything else. I once heated one up on my cooker and it was fine but it wasn't any better than those heated up on the kitchen stove. What little smoke flavor it acquired was overwhelmed by the "corned" spicing/pickling and by the sauerkraut I smothered it with.

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Gerard,
    Good to see you participating.

·
  • Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    fiver29,
    I tried one a few weeks ago. Not that good, it's the only thing I've found so far that's better of not cooked on the Egg but in the traditional method (boiled).
    B D

·
  • Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    JJ,
    Wow .15 seconds, I can still feel your afterburners.
    B D

·
  • Thanks JJ. I have been away for quite awhile; I guess I was burned out. But it looks like my smoking addiction is back. [p]It feels good.[p]Gerard
    ·
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 504
    Char-Woody,[p]Wow! Unbeleivable! What a great forum and thanks for the replies. I think I'll just stick to a plain brisket.[p]Thanks again! [p]
    Strongsville, Ohio

·
    fiver29, thats our basics here!!..
    Support and information thats on target..!![p]Cheers..
    C~W[p]

·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    fiver29,[p]i do it often. One of the wifes favorates![p]Smokey
    ·