Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket marinade necessary?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have had a lot of success with brisket 2000 recipe. Marinating overnight and cooking indirect low and slow. Have done several all great. I see some folks posting that they just score it on the fat cap and apply rub and then cook indirect. How does this compare with the marinade? In other words does the marinade help that much?[p]Thanks,[p]Ray Price

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Though I love that marinade recipe, it is not necessary to achieve a killer chunk-o-chest. Your favorite rub works wonders, as will very simple seasonings...like salt/pepper/garlic powder. The real kicker for a brisket is that BIG BEEF FLAVOR that you only get from a brisket. The marinade/rub is just icing on the cake....if you will pardon the cliché.[p]Just some thoughts.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • babyray@telepak.net,[p]I have never been able to tell the difference between marinated and non-marinated brisket. IMHO, a properly cooked brisket does not need a marinade if you choose the correct rub.[p]Everybody's taste is different, so you should try it once yourself, with the only variable being the marinade.[p]Good luck,
    Alan